Friday, November 30, 2012

Sennelier


Today there are many different styles of art witch may include painting, sculpting, drawing, collages, ceramics, prints, tapestries, etc. There are also many different brands of paints, canvases, drawing pencils, basically anything you would need for any art project, or art work. There's a wide variety of them.

For paints there are watercolor paints, acrylic paints, and oil paints. "There are many different brands of paints for example there are Dunhn-Edwards, Ralph Lauren Home, Benjamin Moore, Valspar, Behr, Lowe's, and Consumer Search" (Types of Paints). As you can see their are a wide verity of brands of paints for people to use. The most commonly used for artist is the Sennelier products.

With Sennelier their are watercolors, oils, dry pigments, chalk, pastels, varnish, and many more. The Sennelier products are very expensive. Depending on the color you get the prices range from $8-$20 for a 40mL tub and $20-$100 for a 200mL tub (Prices).

Many artist love this brand. Sennelier products are a French brand of art supplies, produced in 1887. These product were specially made for Pablo Picasso. Picasso liked to use the Sennelier oils for most of his paintings, because it is better suited to the diversity of modern techniques. "The slightly heavier body retains its unique creaminess while offering greater versatility" (Sennelier Pro). Sennelier has remade their products several times. Other people prefer other brands though, not saying that you have to use this types of paint and stuff. You may use whatever works for you best.

For me, I use sketching pencils when I draw. Usually would get them from Walmart but I found the best ones that work for me are Staedtler, Mars Lumograph. You can find this brand mostly at staples or hobby lobby that's where I could find them. Or if I could find some when I need them I would use colored drawing pencils. I've never used  Sennelier products before, but from some of the art work I saw they we're pretty well. After seeing what their products can do I'm thinking about buying some.



Photo Credit of: http://www.flickr.com/photos/carisea/2266615684/

No comments:

Post a Comment